Erli Bird (now BetaTesting.com) Review: Get Paid $10 for Feedback - Scam or Legit?

Aside from paid survey sites, I really like the idea of paid beta testing sites. There’s something about being an “early adopter” that appeals to me. But of course, the fact that someone pays you to test their products is also the main reason. Giving feedback to improve a product or service is always an appealing way to make a little extra income because, in your small way, you can help shape an industry and its marketing and advertising approach.

Today I want to talk about the merits of website usability testing for a site called Erli Bird. as its name implies, worldwide users will be the “early bird” testers of apps and tech gadgets before they’re fully rolled out to clients all over the world. Sounds like a legit way to get your feedback heard, or a potential scam? Let’s see.

First things first - what is it?

Erli Bird is a site that is all about getting users to beta test online. Basically, you sign up to be a beta tester to try out new apps, websites, and hardware. After completing tasks and giving adequate feedback, the site will pay you $10!

How long has it been around?

Erli Bird has been around since June 2012 and is now available for beta testers in over 150 countries (though they do claim that 50% of their testers are from the United States).

Is registration free?

Yes, registration is free. You will only need to sign up with a verifiable email address (the one you use for your PayPal transactions). However, you must be at least 18 years of age and speak fluent English. In order to adequately test apps and gadgets, you must also own a PC or Mac, or any other device required by the site.

Does it pay well?

Right off the bat, Erli Bird cautions its testers and potential testers that their service isn’t “meant to replace a job”, so it’s best to disabuse you of that notion at this early junction. You can, however, earn between $5-$10 (plus other rewards - more on this later) for testing and giving feedback for each test, depending on its length and the client that requests it. Once your feedback is approved, you can expect payment to be in your PayPal account a full week after the project has concluded.

How do I start earning extra income from Erli Bird?

You can either be an Erli Bird “early adopter” tester or a priority one - both are offered for free by the site. The difference between the two lies in the kind of tests you will be getting (based on the information you fill out upon signing up). Priority membership would need more detailed information, but gives you a chance for private beta testing not available for other early adopter members. You will also have a referral link you can use to invite others to join on the tests.

Once a member, you will have the option to choose from a list of available beta tests or focus groups you want to test and give feedback on. Clicking on one will give you more details about the test, as well as the kind of reward you want in exchange for your feedback. There are three rewards: cash, donation to charity, or “karma”. Cash is, of course, the most sought-after reward so expect beta tests offering that to be filled up right away. You have to have at least $5 in your account before you can cash out via PayPal.

If you choose donation, you are essentially allowing Erli Bird to donate a dollar on your behalf for a feedback you’ve given, to a charity of their choice. Karma, on the other hand, is what they call the points you can opt to trade for apps, music, games, and other rewards you like.

The verdict

With all the current legit product testing jobs out there, Erli Bird stands out as one where members are mostly happy with being beta testers for the site. The pay is decent, the site itself has a straightforward way of presenting information and answers to FAQs, it is available to users all over the world, and there is plenty of good feedback for the platform from both their clients and usability testers. All in all, I would recommend that you give this one a spin.

Erli Bird Screenshots

Your turn

Have you tried beta testing as another source of income? Would you give Erli Bird a try? Let me know what you think about it!

Link: https://erlibird.com/

I also have an Erli Bird review! But it’s not as thorough as yours, Fred [image]

I wanted to be part of an “elite” group that gives early feedback for the betterment of products and services so I tried this site out. It makes a refreshing change from my usual survey taking, heh. I signed up particularly to be a beta tester but alas, have been waiting for too long for them to get back to me for a test that matches my profile. So I decided to move on to the next best thing, which is to put it in the back burner and wait for an invitation to participate in a focus group discussion. I figured I might as well wait it out, given the positive feedback users have on this site. Who knows if I get to test and review some really awesome digital products soon, and get paid for my feedback?