• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION Your Favorite Shows for 2018

Page 1 of 1

Naomi

Hey guys! Since the year is coming to a close, I thought I’d ask you what your favorite TV (or streaming) shows for 2018 are? It was an awesome year for TV and movies. There’s so much good stuff out there, whether you’re a fan of horror (Halloween, The Haunting of Hill House, A Quiet Place), drama (Homecoming), or comedy (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel).

Here are some of the shows I loved, based on personal preference. These are just “my” shows, of course. Feel free to chime in about your favorite shows this year!

The Good Place - This is, by far, one of the greatest shows of all time. And it’s only the third season! The Good Place is smart, deep, stupid, and profound all at the same time. The show packs more twists in a single season than some shows do in their entire runs.

Better Call Saul - Controversial opinion: Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad. Fite me! Better Call Saul has better characters and more interesting stories.

The Expanse - This show is like Game of Thrones in space. If you liked GoT, you should try The Expanse. It’s awesome!

Brooklyn Nine Nine - Another awesome comedy. The latest season wasn’t as good as previous ones, but it’s still super-funny. If you saw that video of the dudes in the police lineup singing I Want it That Way, that scene came from this show.

Naomi

The Expanse and 12 Monkeys, StarTrek was also awesome and looking forward to s2 in 2019
I have to watch 12 Monkeys! Also, I've been reading The Expanse books. No spoilers, but I can't wait to see how the show tackles the latter books!

Holden

My favorite show for 2018 was BoJack Horseman. That show is soooooooo deep. It’s crazy. It’s a show about a horse-person who happened to be a big sitcom star back in the early 90s. But he’s pretty burnt-out now. It sounds like a crazy premise, but it works. This isn’t a show that tries to be edgy just for the sake of being edgy. It explores some pretty deep existential concepts.

The previous seasons took the show to some really dark places. Relationships end, lives end, and questionable substances are consumed in copious amounts. But season 3 showed the aftermath of all that drama. I think it goes even deeper into the psyche of BoJack, as well as those of the other character. If you’re a fan of Princess Caroline, this season finally gave her a much-needed backstory. We finally understand why she’s the show’s designated “responsible adult.” Even Diane gets a great episode dedicated to her.

All that isn’t to say that this is a “happy” season. Far from it. But it does a great job of setting up the next season while giving the characters some much-needed closure and character-development. Two thumbs, er hooves, up! I highly recommend this show.

Naomi

I totally forgot to add one more show to my favorites of the previous year – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! Arrrgh, this show, t is sooo good! Haha. Maybe because I only started watching it late into 2018, but it was one of those sleeper shows. There were so many great shows, like I mentioned up in my first post, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel kind of fell between the cracks. But yeah, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a show you should absolutely-totally binge on this year (if you haven’t already).

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is about a New York wife who embarks on a solo career as a stand-up comedian. It is easily one of the funniest show I’ve ever watched. But what I loved about it is the back story of the lead character. Midge (the titular Mrs. Maisel) discovered that her husband was cheating on her. And that sort of led her down this career path. I love the show’s premise. The fact that it was also hilarious is just a bonus. I like how the show tackles new beginnings, as well as how a woman tries to carve her own niche in the competitive comedy scene.

Page 1 of 1