• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you look for in a rewards site?

Page 1 of 1

Amos

^ Pretty much what the title says. There are tons of super-useful reviews posted here on Earn That Buck, but I’ve also been wondering what are the things you look for in a rewards site. Do you prefer a particular earning method? Do you look for specific gift cards?

I’ve done my share of rewards site reviews. When I read through them, I noticed I always looked for the same things. Here are a few of them:

A great-looking website

I’ve mentioned in my past reviews that a great-looking website is important to me. And it isn’t for superficial reasons. A great-looking website is easy on the eyes, true, but it’ll most likely be easier to use and have better content. Content is very important to me – how many rewards sites out there give partial or even misleading information?

Lots of gift card options

I used to be a cash-only type of guy – I used to keep saying that cash was king. But the gift card options on GrabPoints are pretty tempting! I’ve been using various cards, and I can safely say that I’m hooked!

Fast payouts

This is extremely important. I can’t wait a week for my earnings. I’m willing to give it a few days, but anything more than that, and I’m off to the next site.

What about you guys? Let’s hear your opinions!

Burt Maklin

nice topic dude

This got me thinking too. For the first few months i’ve been using rewards sites I wasn’t very selective. If it looked okay and legit enough I just went ahead with it. But i got burned a few times. And i’ve encountered several scam sites, so I try to pick my rewards sites more carefully. So what do I look for? I wanna know a reward site has been around for a few years. I think a common MO for scam sites is to keep switching names after duping members. So a site that has been around for a few years will probably legit. To find out about the site I also go to sites like survey police, the beer money subreddit, and the ETB community of course. This forum is a pretty awesome resource.

What else do I look for? Hmmmmm. Turns out I’m not really that selective now that I think about it lol. As long as it’s legit I’ll give it a shot. But after reading bro Amos’s post I think I can be more selective.

<thinks some more> I like sites that pay the highest. Yeah, that’s it. That’s the biggest thing I look out for! If people are happy with the amounts and rewards being paid I go for it!

For me it's important that the design looks like they're still alive. I came across a few GPT sites before that looked like they didn't update their designs in 20 years. To me thats always a huge red flag because it just shows that they don't care about their site ( and users?! ) anymore.

Then I always research the review site online and it should have at least 3-4 stars on the common survey review sites such as survey police ( nobody has 5 because there will always be some haters who got banned and then give one star)

The next thing I check is that they have a lot of offers and pay high enough ( I stopped using swagbucks for example because I found out some other sites pay more for the same surveys/tasks)

The gift cards aren't the most important thing for me. TBH as long as they have paypal payouts and Amazon gift cards I am already happy. I think those are the ones most users redeem anyways ( or maybe its just me)

thats all that comes to my mind for now

Holden

The next thing I check is that they have a lot of offers and pay high enough ( I stopped using swagbucks for example because I found out some other sites pay more for the same surveys/tasks)
Which sites have you used after you stopped Swagbucks ? I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try!

Burt Maklin

I like rewards sites that aren’t plain or boring looking! Take Grindabuck as an example, which I posted about a while ago. When I first saw Grindabuck, my opinion on the site was like “meh.” Not really my thing you know? But the reviewers kept telling me to give it a try, and since I’m easy to convince like that, I gave it a try. And you know what? I’m glad I did! Because Grindabuck is full of pure awesome! But I never would have known that if I only based it on my first impression.

So what I’m saying is I don’t like ugly sites but maybe I should also expand my horizons a bit. After that realization, I really do like rewards sites that always bring their a-game, even if they don’t look as good as other sites. Im sure a lot of you have used totally rad looking rewards sites only to get disappointed. So don’t judge a book by its cover… or in this case, don’t trust a rewards site by its home page. You’ll be surprised by how, well, surprised you’ll be with some of these sites.

Sorry kinda rambled there, lol! What I’m saying is I like good-looking sites, but I also learned that sometimes the substance is what matters. :)

msmoneybags

I agree, if a site is just thrown together, clashing colors, looks like a 5 year old put it together I wont join, if they didnt spend extra time on making it look good, chances are it will be hard to navigate as well, Not very many walls or offers, slow payments.

I also like sites that have something different then other sites, maybe an offer wall, or bonus's, goals

I also want to see news posts, and payments that are a few days or up to a week old, that way I know the admin is active

Page 1 of 1