- Jun 14, 2018
In a perfect world, I would have a single source of income to cover all my needs and wants (along with my family’s, of course). But being a work at home mom and a freelancer has rendered that impossible at the moment. I’m not really complaining about the multiple ways I’m currently making money because I get to be creative, resourceful, and learn so many new things. Plus, it opens up even more opportunities to earn cash in ways I wouldn’t have been aware of had I stuck with my 9-to-5 office job.
One of these awesome ways I recently discovered was via a favorite magazine of mine - Woman’s World. I never in my life considered writing for Woman’s World, much less get paid for it. It seemed too...intimidating. But, as a friend pointed out, they have to get their content somewhere, right? So I looked at the possibility of contributing, and to my delight, discovered other ways to earn from Woman’s World magazine beyond article writing. I’m happy to share with you three of those ways today.
1) Contribute to Woman’s World stories
I know I said that I found article writing intimidating, but the way Woman’s World structures their contribution from readers is just so...appealing! I already mentioned that I’m a big fan of the magazine, mostly because of the Food & Recipes articles (I love recipes!), as well as the ones on weight loss and keeping fit. Now that I have lots of stories to tell as a WAHM, I’m seriously considering submitting them - for cash!
That’s right, unique story contributions to Woman’s World can earn you up to $250! For your article to be approved, however, it should be truly fun or inspiring to read, original, and something you’re willing to give over to the magazine as their property (understandably so, because they are going to pay you for it)*. So if you’re ready to start sharing your stories, here are a few important reminders. There are different categories you can submit stories to, and they have their own requirements, email addresses, and corresponding contributor’s fees if chosen for publication:
- Test a new diet! - you will need to submit your contact info, age, height, weight, size, diet history and (if possible) a recent photo to [email protected]; contributor’s fee: $100**
- Have a personal story to share? - submit to [email protected], contributor’s fee: $250
- Got a heartwarming story for readers? - email it to [email protected], contributor’s fee: $100
- Have an act of kindness to share? - please include your name, address and a clear photo of yourself and submit to [email protected], contributor’s fee: $25
- Ready to reveal your favorite money-saving recipe? - you will need to include your name, address, phone number and a clear photo of yourself and email to [email protected], contributor’s fee: $25
- Do you believe in angels and have stories about them? - send your story to [email protected], and include your name, address, phone number and a clear photo of yourself, contributor’s fee: $100
- What makes you happy? - tell the readers all about it via [email protected] and make sure to submit your name, address, phone number and a clear photo of yourself, contributor’s fee: $50
- Got an embarrassingly funny experience, or an amusing story about your kids? - share it via [email protected] and include your name, address and phone number, contributor’s fee: $50
**A special note on the Test a New Diet submissions: if you are picked out to participate, Woman’s World will pay you $100 to test a diet for one week and for you to report on your results.
2) Share a unique and adorable picture of your baby or your pet
If you don’t feel like contributing articles, why not submit photos instead? Woman’s World accepts baby or pet pictures (yours, of course, and not someone else’s!) via [email protected]. Make sure to include the name and age of the child, as well as your relationship to the child or pet. Contributor’s fee of photos is $100 each!
3) Join the Woman’s World sweepstakes
The magazine has a sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways page for those who want to try their luck at winning cash, as well as an array of exciting prizes including jewelry, appliances, gift cards, tech gadgets, household and car accessories - and more! Woman’s World takes pride in providing a secure giveaways platform by asking readers to submit only their email addresses to contact in case of winning. To underline their legitimacy, there is a page dedicated to past winners of their contests.
If you’re a big fan of magazines like I am, I bet you will also find the opportunity to earn from the same magazines you love! Woman’s World has been my go-to pick-me-upper for some time now, and I’m really happy to learn that they provide ways for people like you and me to earn some cash on the side.
Woman's World Screenshots
Click to Zoom
Have you ever contributed content to a favorite magazine, or joined their contests? Please tell us all about your experience - was it a fun one, did you get rejected, or did you get successfully published (or won something) and gotten paid for it?