LEGIT Survey Club: Take Surveys and Earn in Cash! - Scam or Legit?

Amos

Rookie Wordsmith
Jun 13, 2018
Survey Club Take Surveys and Earn in Cash!.jpg

Okay, I’ve got a confession to make: while I’ve tried a lot of survey sites, it isn’t my favorite way to make money. I prefer physical work like hauling stuff and driving for a ride-sharing service. But that isn’t to say I’ve given up on survey sites. If anything, it simply made me more critical about the ones I use. If I’m gonna dedicate time and effort to using a specific site, that site better be legit.

In today’s episode of Amos Reviews Survey Sites, I will be talking about Survey Club. Is Survey Club legit? Is Survey Club a scam? What’s up with all these rhetorical questions? Read on for my review!

An Intro to Survey Club

Survey club was founded in 2005. This means they’re one of the OG’s of the survey site scene. They help out both companies and regular people - the former, by conducting market research studies, and the latter by paying them to take those surveys.

They’ve got over 16 million members across six continents. I’m bringing that up because you can’t build up a user base that big by being a shady company. Judging by those numbers, Survey Club has to be doing something right.

Also, even if you’re not a resident of the United States or Canada, there’s a big chance you can become a Survey Club member.

How Can You Earn on Survey Club?

It’s really simple. When you register, the site will match you with appropriate surveys for you to take. Some surveys are meant for a particular demographic, like mothers ages 25 to 35 with two kids. Obviously, I wouldn’t qualify for that survey. So you wait for notifications that there are available surveys for you to take. (Survey Club calls these “Available Studies”)

I’m pretty averse to filling-out forms and paperwork, but the surveys on Survey Club (as well as most survey sites) were pretty easy to do.

Whenever you complete a survey, you get paid in cash. Other sites will give you points, which you can later convert to cash or gift cards. Not Survey Club. I actually prefer earning straight cash. I don’t have to whip out my calculator and try to figure out how much my points are worth in real-world moolah.

There are other ways to earn, and these include:
  • Clinical Trials
  • Taste Tests
  • Focus Groups
  • Research Panels
  • Mystery Shopping
…although to be honest, all I did on Survey Club was fill out surveys. If you’re up for participating in clinical trials for the advancement of science, go give it a try.

How Much Can You Earn?

Well, I hate having to say this again and again, but it - wait for it - depends. Your monthly earnings will depend on the number of surveys you’re qualified to take. And that number varies. There were weeks when I was super busy taking surveys, and then the following week, almost nothing. Since surveys target specific demographics, there will be times when you aren’t part of that demographic.

That amount you’ll get paid per survey also varies, but you’re looking at a few cents, on average, per survey. There were times when I made a few bucks on a single survey, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Payment Methods

While the pay per survey is low, at least the minimum cash-out is easy to reach. Once you have at least $10 in earnings, you can request a cash-out. You can redeem your earnings as cash (which will be loaded to a Payoneer prepaid debit card) or as an Amazon Gift Card. While I always prefer cash, I’m also down for Amazon Gift Cards. Since I do so much of my shopping on Amazon anyway, I don’t feel like I’m being forced to shop there.

How to Join

It’s really simple.

1. First, you sign-up by following the link below:

Registration Page: https://www.surveyclub.com/create-account

2. Complete your profile. You’ll have to provide personal information like your ethnicity, gender, birthday, and zip code. I’ve mentioned before that I’m a bit of a privacy nut, but I get why Survey Club asks for that information. They need it to know which surveys to match you with. So make sure you fill out the application form completely and accurately.

3. You take the surveys (or studies) the site matches you with.

4. You earn!

And that’s about it.

Survey Club: What I Dig, and what I Don’t Dig

Time to give you the low-down on the site. Here’s a list of stuff that I dig, and another for the things I don’t dig.

What I Dig

Low minimum cash out - While the site pays relatively low, at least their minimum cash out is also low. That makes redeeming your earnings a bit easier.

Lots of ways to earn - You can take surveys, but also participate in various other studies.

What I Don’t Dig

Low-paying surveys - Due to competition, many survey sites have been increasing the amount you can earn per survey. Survey Club still hasn’t gotten with the times. The pay per survey is still pretty low compared to others.

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

Survey Club is middle-of-the-road, but they’re legit. This isn’t the first site I got to when I have time for taking surveys. But that said, I still keep it bookmarked as a backup site. I suggest you also do the same!

Survey Club Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Survey Club 1.jpgSurvey Club 2.jpgSurvey Club 3.jpgSurvey Club 4.jpg

Your Turn

This review is based on my experiences using Survey Club. Now it’s your turn to share! Have you tried out this site? How did you find it?

Let’s hear your stories!