LEGIT Strange Ways to Make Money Online

Page 1 of 1

shotcaller

Administrator
Do you want to get paid to do weird things? Well, you're in luck because today I will be sharing all sorts of ways to earn money, all from the comfort of your own home. Now, all these methods are totally legit, but I do know that some of them can get pretty samey.

If you’re a bit bored and looking for something to spice things up a bit, look no further. In this post, I’ll be sharing some unconventional ways to make money online. All of these earning methods are totally legit… and, more importantly, totally legal.

These earning methods are a welcome respite from the same old, same old. If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to get paid to do weird things online read on! I’ll be sharing my top weird ways to make money fast.

Ways-To-Make-Money-Online.jpg

Get Paid to be Someone’s Buddy

This is one of the strangest earning methods I’ve discovered. But it’s completely legit. Basically, people nowadays have little time to forge real friendships. They’re living life full-throttle, and miss out on opportunities to build bonds with other people. And that’s where RentaFriend comes in. On the site, people get paid just to be someone’s friend. If you have an outgoing personality, you should give this a try!

rentafriend-Home.jpg

Make Money Selling Your Hair

Hair is a valuable commodity nowadays. Wigs that use real human hair is in high demand because of their superior feel and realism. If you’ve got nice, flowing locks, and are willing to cut it off, you can try selling your hair on HairSellOn. The site will have all sorts of listings for different types of hair – some of which might fit you!

hairsellon-Home.jpg

Earn Money… by Shopping!

This one is a bit odd because common wisdom says that to save money, you gotta stop spending money. But with certain apps, the opposite actually happens to be true. Apps like Ibotta and Receipt Hog are what’s called “cashback” apps. These apps will give you back a percentage of the money you spent on a particular store.

You’re pretty limited to the stores the apps have offers for, but I actually like that. I’m a creature of habit – I tend to go to the same few stores over and over again. But with a cashback app, I’m encouraged to try out new establishments. Also, most of the cashback apps I’ve used also require you to photograph or scan your receipt so you can prove you spent the money in the shops. So don’t lose your receipts!

receipthog-Home-1.jpg

Earn by Unlocking Your Phone

When it comes to unusual ways to make money online, this is more in the “no-brainer” spectrum. Most, if not all, the earning methods I’ve been writing about require actual effort. Well, this one doesn’t. All you have to do is install SlideJoy on your phone. What it does is feed adds to your lock screen. And that’s it! The app runs in the background is totally unobtrusive. Give this a shot now!

getslidejoy-Home.jpg

Earn by Walking and Getting Fit

Most of the weird ways to make money that I know of involve us staying glued to our mobile phones or laptops. Well, this earning method is quite different – in fact, it’s the exact opposite. I’ve been using a bunch of sweet mobile apps that will pay you to get out, get active, and get in shape… or at least, try to! But speaking as someone who needs a lot of motivation to get off the sofa, these apps are perfect for me – and I’m sure the same goes for many of you!

SweatCoin is the first app you should try that pays you to get active. SweatCoin tracks your movements, and rewards you when you hit certain walking or running milestones. Each time you move, you earn points (which are called “Sweat Coins”, appropriately enough). You can then trade these coins for actual earnings. But take note – since SweatCoin uses GPS, you need to walk or run outdoors. You can’t use the treadmill in the living room and expect to earn!

If you want to level-up your fitness regime, try the EarthMiles app. Like SweatCoin, it tracks your activity and rewards you accordingly. But unlike SweatCoin, EarthMiles takes things one step further. Or multiple steps further, actually. You can use EarthMiles to log your diet, exercise – and even meditation practice! Basically, EarthMiles is a more holistic fitness rewards app. As far as odd ways to make money online, these apps are some of my favorites.

earthmiles-Home.jpg

Rent Out Your Garage or Driveway

We’ve all heard of Airbnb. It’s a great way to earn, but having strangers in your home might not be your cup of tea. Instead, why not consider renting out your garage… and if that’s too intrusive for you, you can even just rent out your driveway! Why would anyone want to rent just your garage or driveway? Parking! Finding parking near offices or in malls has become so difficult, it might be easier for people to park in someone’s driveway, then commute the rest of the way.

Of course, this means you should have your garage or driveway clear – you can’t rent it out if your own vehicle is parked in it. What I used to do was schedule things so my wife is in the office (she’s the one who uses the car) so the driveway is clear for renters. If you’re interested in renting out your driveway or garage, check out CurbFlip, and Spacer.

curbflip-Home.jpg

Participate in Mock Trials

I know some people who hate jury duty. I happen to be one of those people, but I found being a part of a mock jury is a great way to earn real money! I liken this to a panel discussion or survey. Legal firms hire people to sit-in and pretend to be a real jury while they practice their cases. It’s like having a sparring partner if you are a boxer.

This is one of the relatively weird online jobs I know. But it’s also fascinating seeing the inner workings of how a legal case is prepared. Wanna give this a try? Check out eJury to apply.

ejury-Home.jpg

Last edited:
Page 1 of 1