LEGIT Ormax Online Review - Take Surveys and Earn Vouchers on this Indian Survey Site - Legit or Scam?

Amos

Rookie Wordsmith
Jun 13, 2018
Ormax Online Review - Take Surveys and Earn Vouchers on this Indian Survey Site.jpg

How’s it going, guys? I recently wrote about Vase, a survey site for residents of Malaysia and Singapore. Today, I’ll be covering a couple of websites for the Indian market - namely, Ormax Online (which I’ll be writing about now) and Xcel Online Survey (which I’ll be writing about in a different post).

Working in construction, I get to meet a lot of people from different countries. I love meeting people from different cultures and getting to know them. One of the things that surprised me was how many people use survey sites. Using survey sites has become so common that it’s become a bit of an ice-breaker.

Last week, I met Sanjay, a gentleman who worked for our partner company in India. Sanjay and I talked a lot about survey sites, and it turns out there are a lot of sites that cater exclusively to the Indian market. We talked about Ormax Online and Xcel Online Survey.

Since earn that buck is an international forum, I figured there might be some members here who would like to know about these sites. Since I am not a resident of India, I wasn’t able to give them a try personally, but Sanj gave me a detailed run-down of how the sites work, what’s good about them, and what’s not.

So let’s tackle Ormax Online first. If you’ve been wondering whether Ormax Online is legit or not, read on!

What is Ormax Online?

Ormax Online is new. Like, less than a month old. The site was started in July 2018. That’s as fresh as it gets. While my buddy Sanj's experience with the Ormax Online is limited, given the site’s newness, he was able to get a pretty good idea about how the site works.

It is owned and operated by a company called Ormax Media, a media and consumer company. They work primarily in the entertainment fields, including television, film, radio, and print. I can totally see why Ormax Media would start a survey site - it’s totally within their field of expertise.

First Impressions

Ormax Media’s site is simple and no-frills. But I still like how it was designed. The layout is clean, and the design is still pretty modern-looking.

All the info you need is also readily available, even for non-members. Some websites try to hide info until you register. But Ormax Media explains everything you’ll need to know before becoming a member.

My Hot Take: Good impression overall. The site could use a bit more photos to make it more enticing, but that’s not really a complaint.

How to Earn on Ormax Online

This is the most important detail, right? On Ormax Media, you complete surveys. For each one you complete, you will get points. When you’ve accumulated the minimum amount of points (which I’ll be discussing in a bit) you can redeem your earnings as vouchers.

Once you’re done registering, you will receive notifications via email when a survey becomes available. Joining a survey is optional, but I recommend joining as many surveys as you can. Why would you want to pass up the opportunity to earn, right?

Before you start taking a survey, you will have to answer a few pre-qualifying questions. These questions are there to determine whether you’re part of the right demographic for the survey. For example, if a survey is about a particular actor or movie, the site will want to know first whether you’re familiar with the actor. If you’re not a good fit for the survey, you may be disqualified (answering the questionnaire doesn’t earn you any points, since it’s just a pre-qualifying test).

My Hot Take: Completing surveys and earning points is the bare minimum when it comes to survey sites. Good to have, but I also hope the site introduces other methods to earn, like watching videos or reading emails - these two methods, I think, are still aligned with what Ormax Media does. So, fingers crossed.

Another thing worth mentioning is that they don’t have any referral programs. That’s a bit strange, because I would imagine a new site would like to incentivize members to introduce new ones. For members, that’s a bit of a drag, because referral can comprise a large chunk of your earnings, especially when there are limited ways to earn.

Earning Potential on Ormax Online

Each survey pays about 100 to 150 points, depending on its length and complexity. If you take a really long survey, you can expect to earn more points from it, of course.

On the site, 1 point = 1 Indian rupee (Around 68.63 Indian rupees is equivalent to $1). So each survey will pay a little over $1. That’s a pretty good rate, even compared to other sites.

Take note, if you register on Ormax Online, you’ve got to keep your profile active. If your profile is dormant for six months, there’s a big chance your profile will get deactivated.

My Hot Take: Pretty good rate per survey! I’m pretty impressed. That rate kind of makes me jealous, actually. Wish this site were open to international members.

Payout Options on Ormax Online

There are only two options, neither of which involve cash. You can redeem your earnings as BookMyShow vouchers (minimum withdrawal: 250 points) or Flipkart e-gift vouchers (minimum withdrawal: 500 points).

The voucher will be pre-selected based on the amount of points you have. For example, if you request a payout when you have 280 points you will automatically get your earnings as a BookMyShow voucher (and the “extra” 30 points will remain in your account). If you request a payout while you have 500 points, you will automatically get a Flipkart e-gift voucher.

As you would expect, Ormax Online is not responsible for problems with vouchers, which are subject to the providers’ own rules.

My Hot Take: Gift vouchers are always nice, but not having cash payout really puts a damper on one’s enthusiasm. Cash option should be the bare minimum, not gift vouchers. So, phooey.

How to Join Ormax Online

Membership is exclusive to India, and is completely free. The registration form is built right into the home page. You can visit the page by following the link below:

Home page: https://online.ormaxworld.com

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

Ormax Online looks to be legit! Of course, only time can really tell. But the site looks pretty promising. Its earning and payment programs are a bit basic, but here’s hoping they introduce more options down the line.

Ormax Online Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Ormax Online 1.jpgOrmax Online 2.jpgOrmax Online 3.jpg

Your Turn

Now it’s your turn to share! Have you also registered on this site? How are you finding it so far?

Let’s hear your stories!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahtah33