- Apr 16, 2018
NETFLIX Needs You! Be Their Netflix Editorial Analyst
Calling all movie and TV series buffs. Are you one of those people who are fond of watching shows on Netflix? Wouldn’t it be nice to do your favorite thing and earn a bit? With Netflix, that’s now possible!
Netflix needs you! They need someone to fill up their Editorial Analyst position, and that can be you. What you’re going to do? Watch movies and provide reviews on their shows and films as much as you can on a daily basis. Netflix will pay you to do just that – are you ready?
Why Does Netflix Need Me Binge Watch?
Netflix has one of the most extensive online libraries regarding movies and TV series. Each year, there are at least one hundred thousand titles added to that library. These titles need reviewing, tagging and categorizing.
They hire people to do the job, and that is binge-watch films and episodes for them to provide a movie/series review and rating, aside from tagging and categorizing the film. These hired people are sometimes called “Netflix taggers.”
If you want to be a "tagger," you need the latest updates on entertainment news. It’s essential that you give a summary of the TV shows or films that you watch, rate it honestly, and provide tags.
Netflix Editorial Analyst Qualifications
Netflix is looking for potential taggers with these attributes:
- A movie or TV series buff who is familiar with the “what’s going on” in the entertainment industry
- Able to segregate film and TV show genres
- Provide valid reviews and briefly explain the plot of a film or show
- Timely submission of output
- Multi-tasker and independent
- Versatility when needed and can cooperate with others
- Objective output and able to provide a productive review
- Fast learner
- Attentive, detail-focused, and strong work ethics
- Fluent in another language is much preferred
- With experience in writing reviews, analyzing content, and other similar functions is an added benefit
- Educated in the media or video industry, and related skills is a plus
Responsibilities Of A Netflix Editorial Analyst
The work responsibilities of a Netflix Editorial Analyst typically encompass:
Watch movies and series episodes, research on the content, rate it, and provide a grammatically correct English language review.
Check the metadata of the output for quality assurance and proficiency.
You will receive a payment to watch these shows, write a short review, tag it accordingly, and assign the show to its applicable genre. Of course, there is a deadline, and everything has to be complete by due time and date.
Talking About Payments
The program is relatively new, and we are all waiting for feedback on it. Online sources don’t reveal much about payments for Netflix taggers, and their site says nothing about the pay. They just posted about the work, requirements for the analysts, and the job description.
(I will revise this post if ever there’s a new update with regards to payment.)
How To Apply
1. Go to this link.
2. Answer the necessary information and click “SUBMIT APPLICATION.”
3. You can also upload your resume by clicking “upload your resume (.pdf, .doc).”
4. There is also a “LINKEDIN” option if you have an account.
OUR VERDICT: LEGIT or SCAM?
I say this is a LEGIT job from Netflix. Been to the site and saw at least 400 jobs posted online with needs on workers coming from the US, the UK, Korea, India, the Netherlands, Japan, Singapore, Brazil, and Belgium. I even saw a need for Editorial Analysts who speaks Spanish. It is real, and with a job, there is also payment, for sure.
Netflix Tagger Screenshots
Click to Zoom
If you’ve tried working for Netflix as a “tagger,” then, we need your feedback and opinion! Was it a good experience for you? What did you like/dislike about it? How much did you get for a review? Shoot us your comments and let us know!