• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Review

Page 1 of 1

Amos

I’m a bit late to the party, but I recently watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and dear jeeeebsus it is one of the best movies I’ve seen recently! And it’s not like I’m not familiar with comic book movies. I’m a huge fan of Marvel (the actual comics, not just the movies) and I’ve been meaning to watch this movie for the longest time. But you know, adulting has a way of getting in the way of things like watching a movie.

But anyway, this movie definitely lives up to the hype. It’s fun, action packed, and the visuals are just stunning. For the lack of a better way to describe this movie (I’m not really good at artsy terminologies), it looks and feels very modern. And it’s not just modern, it also manages to reference old cartoons and comics - old geezers here will recognize the influence of the old Adam West Batman show (lots of “Pow!” talking balloons). But it does it in a way that’s totally fresh. The story itself also has lots of heart, and I found myself rooting for minor spider-characters like Spider-Man Noir and Penny Parker and her awesome Spider-Mecha.

This is an excellent movie, and if you’re like me and kind of behind on recent movies, you should watch this asap!

rocketman

Dude your right on the money with this Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse! I rave about it to just about anyone i meet saying the acting there beats most other non-cartoon movie acting haha well i exaggerate but when i watched it with my daughter and she asked “daddy why are you crying” with this one scene which I will not spoil for those who have not seen it yet, well i think that is a clear indication of how an animated movie will give a grown man the feels. So many feels yet so impressed by how well made this movie was! Everything is perfect and it’s just really good story telling overall which I think how superhero movies should be all about!

Page 1 of 1