LEGIT My Crowdology Review: Take Surveys for Cash? I Tell You Whether it’s Legit or Not

Naomi

Padawan
Jun 13, 2018
My Crowdology Review.jpg

Now’s a good time to be a fan of survey sites. The industry is booming, and there are lots of sites popping up. We’re all spoiled for choice these days. And since more sites mean more competition, these sites are trying to one-up each other by providing increasingly better rewards and service.

Of course, that doesn’t mean we should just try whatever survey site we come across. It pays (literally) to be a bit more discerning.

I’ve heard a lot about Crowdology, some of which is good, some of which not-so-good. I thought the site looked legit enough, so I decided to try it out myself. Here’s my review of Crowdology.

If you’ve been thinking about adding this site to your rotation of survey sites, I strongly suggest you read my review first.

What is Crowdology?

Crowdology calls itself a market research site. That is true, but to us, these are survey sites. Companies pay them to conduct market research surveys. Crowdology then assigns surveys to members that fit the target demographic, and rewards them with either cash or Amazon Gift cards.

How do You Earn on Crowdology?

You register, you complete surveys, then you get paid! It’s pretty simple, but there’s a bit more to that.

When it comes to market research, it is important to match a particular survey with the appropriate demographic. For example, it wouldn’t make sense for a survey about beer to be taken by a person below drinking age (it’s probably illegal, too).

What Crowdology does is give you surveys based on your profile. If you’re the outdoorsy type, the site may assign you surveys from sports brands. Take note that since these surveys are targeted, there will be times when you won’t have any surveys to take. This is a bummer, but it is what it is.

Earning Potential

Each survey you complete gives you a certain dollar amount - no more keeping track of points! I like that a lot. I’ve wasted so much time in the past converting points to dollars on other sites.

The average reward per survey ranges from 24 cents to $2. But longer ones can pay up to $10!

You total monthly potential will

Payout Options

You can choose to have your payments sent either as cash (via PayPal), Amazon Gift Card, or GCode. Do note that there’s an $8 minimum for Paypal, $10 for Amazon Gift Cards, and also $10 for Gcodes. It’s a bit on the high side: I’ve encountered sites where the minimum gift card amount is only $5.

On the upside, most rewards are credited to your account instantly. I say “most” because some surveys will require a quality check before being approved. Those are usually high-level surveys, and it may take up to four weeks for payment to appear in your account.

How to Join

As of now, Crowdology is only open to US residents 18 years of age and above. Eligibility is pretty limited, and I really hope Crowdology opens up memberships to the rest of the world.

Registration is free, which is great. I’m not saying all sites that charge a membership fee are scams, but I tend to get discouraged when a site wants an upfront fee.

Important reminder: when you register, you will have to provide certain details about yourself. Make sure you provide info accurately and truthfully. The site uses this info to give you surveys that fit your demographic. So don’t try to be funny by posting your location as Gotham City or Middle-earth.

What’s Great and Not-Great about Crowdology

There’s a lot of info to digest about this site. To make it easier to figure out whether Crowdology is legit or not, here are two lists: the Great and Not-Great things about Crowdology.

The Great

Filling out surveys doesn’t take a whole lot of time

In my experience, these were some of the easiest surveys to take. They weren’t “simple”, they were just made specifically to be easy to complete. The questions were easy to understand, and the options were pretty clear.

This should be a minimum requirement for survey sites, but props to Crowdology nonetheless for doing this.

Money is credited to your account immediately

Once you request a payout, your money is sent out immediately. Just like that. Other sites will make you wait days, or even weeks, if the payout is sent as a check.

Frequent contests

Entering contests isn’t a money-making method per se, but I always enjoyed taking part in them.

I never won anything, but I know people who have. I think contests are a great way to get people excited about your site.

A wide range survey subjects

Other sites tend to focus too much on one specific industry. (Maybe their business contacts were all from the same field?) But Crowdology has surveys spanning a wide range of subjects and interests. This was awesome because I like taking surveys that tackle entertainment. Whatever your interest is, there’s a big chance there’s going to be a survey for it!

No points, just cash

Each survey you complete will have a corresponding cash value. I really like this system because I didn’t have to mentally convert points to dollars all the time.

It can also be a bit demoralizing to have a large amount of points, only to realize it amounts to little more than a few bucks post-conversion. At least with Crowdology, even if the payout of a survey is low, you know its worth right off the bat.

The Not-Great

Cashout minimum is a bit high

You can only request a cash out when you have at least $8 in your account. That wasn’t a big problem for me, since I like to save up my earnings before withdrawing. But I can see how this might be an issue for other people.

It may take a while to get surveys

Just because a survey site has a million surveys (I’m exaggerating the number, of course), that doesn’t mean you can fill out all one million of those. The site will have to match you with surveys that suit your profile.

There were times when I didn’t get any surveys at all. I guess my profile was too specific? But other members I’ve met also had the same problem.

So much spam!

Crowdology loves sending out a barrage of junk emails. On my first week using the site, my inbox was almost unusable because of all the spam sent to it. The thing is, I had to go through each and every one of those messages because I didn’t want to miss any survey notifications. Not cool.

After a week or so of doing this, I used my email filter feature to separate incoming survey notifications based on certain keywords they contain. The sanity of my inbox has been restored, but I wish I didn’t have to do that in the first place.

Knowing you’re not qualified for a survey after you started taking it

This gave me the biggest headache while using the site. I would start working on a survey, and then mid-way the site will boot me out! Apparently, I wasn’t qualified to take the survey. If that were the case, then why did the site’s ultra-sophisticated algorithm let me take the survey in the first place. Frustrating, to say the least. If you decide to use Crowdology, I would tell you to beware of this. But in truth, there’s nothing you can do, save for hoping you don’t get kicked out halfway through a survey.

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

Crowdology is legit! Even with the downtime, I managed to earn a good deal of money. The key is to stay alert and take those surveys as soon as they become available.

My Crowdology Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Crowdology 1.jpgCrowdology 2.jpgCrowdology 3.jpgCrowdology 4.jpgCrowdology 5.jpg

Your Turn

This review is based on my own experiences using Crowdology. Now it’s your turn to share! Have you tried the site? What was your experience like?

Let’s hear your stories!

Last edited by a moderator:

ARLO

Padawan
Jun 11, 2018
Never tried Crowdology nor their surveys, but site seems legit, does anyone have payment proofs they can share? Would like to add some more survey sites to my lineup of daily sites.