LEGIT Mindswarms Review: High-Paying Mobile Video Surveys - Legit or Scam?

NickBlaine

Padawan
Jun 14, 2018
Mindswarms Review High-Paying Mobile Video Surveys.jpg

Do you love taking selfies? Are you far from being shy? Do you also like completing surveys and getting paid for it? Then video surveys might just be right up your alley! It’s a different twist on a theme we’re all familiar with. In fairness to other survey sites, there have been interactive ones lately, such as those with AI or chatbots, and even the ones with a chat room setup that involve the site’s business clients. But there’s just something about today’s survey site - Mindswarms - that made me sit up and take notice.

In this Mindswarms review, I aim to weigh what is probably the biggest attraction for potential participants - the money being offered - against the kind of work involved in participating. So is Mindswarms legit? Or is it a survey site that not only has a steep learning curve for participants, but also the potential to scam them? Let’s take a closer look, shall we?

First things first - what is it?

Mindswarms surveys require a webcam, a reliable internet connection, and an iOS or Android device (smartphone or tablet). As I said before, it’s a refreshing twist on the usual paid survey platform which can get old pretty quickly. Here, actual and viewable participation is encouraged for their clients to make better decisions about their products, services, and advertising. And the good news is, it’s open to participants from anywhere in the world!

Website instructions are in English, but the mobile versions are optimized for Mandarin and Spanish respondents. English does not have to be a participant’s native or first language, but international participants are still expected to answer English questions in English, even if it’s not fluently or perfectly.

How long has it been around?

Mindswarms is based in San Francisco. It first opened in 2008 and has since been one of the first to encourage participants to use self-recorded videos on a worldwide survey platform.

Is registration free?

Yes, totally free, but with the requirements mentioned above. There are several steps to signing up with Mindswarms:
  • Sign up on the homepage as a participant and create an account. You can do this two ways:

1. Use your laptop or desktop computer for the web platform, or
  2. Download and use either the iOS or Android app via your smartphone or tablet (linked below).

• Make sure your camera and microphone are working fine by recording a short profile video of yourself answering some basic questions prior to applying for a survey (to give an idea of which kinds you qualify for).
  • Apply for a survey! You’ll get notifications on your dashboard if surveys become available, and then you’ll be asked a few preliminary questions before getting an invitation to participate.
  • Record yourself while answering the survey questions. It will take around five to ten minutes.
  • After completion of the survey, you can expect that in 24 hours, your payment will be sent via PayPal.
Does it pay well?

Does $50 per completed and approved video survey sound like “being paid well” to you? Then, yes it does!

Mindswarms is not without fault, though. The usual complaints of getting screened out because of limited slots, or getting flagged for audio or video quality are here. The site does promise to handle their process better to minimize these issues, and all questions or feedback can be directed to [email protected] anytime.

How do I get the most out of shooting a video survey for Mindswarms?

Aside from taking the previously mentioned steps, there are a couple of tips to keep in mind so you can fully optimize being a participant with Mindswarms. Low quality or inadequate videos will be flagged, so it’s best to make sure that you have proper lighting and good audio (no distracting background noises!) when recording a video survey (or even prior to applying for one). The clients typically look for natural facial expressions to get proper insight on their questions, so frame your face properly with the viewfinder and be expressive - but naturally so. Respond fully and thoroughly to each question to really get your money’s worth, and also to give the clients the kind of input they seek. Those who answer in monosyllables and are expressionless just won’t cut it. Simply be honest, have fun, and be spontaneous, not scripted.

The verdict?

Mindswarms is a legit survey site with a refreshing and creative twist that will appeal to fun-loving and adventurous participants. And the$50 compensation is one of the highest I’ve encountered by far when it comes to answering surveys! There are the usual issues of not having enough surveys to make this a truly lucrative way to earn extra income on a daily basis, but I personally find what they have going here a good thing.

Mindswarms Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Mindswarms 1.jpgMindswarms 2.jpgMindswarms 3.jpgMindswarms 4.jpgMindswarms 5.jpgMindswarms 6.jpg

Your turn!

Have you been a participant in a Mindswarms survey? How did you find the experience - exciting, fun, frustrating, or not something you would want to try again? Tell us all about it in the comments section below!

Link: https://mindswarms.com/
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mindswarms/id490426157?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindswarms.consumerApp&hl=en

Reactions: blount2 and June

June

Padawan
Jun 14, 2018
So here’s my somewhat belated feedback on this Mindswarms review. I was initially intrigued about the premise of “$50 per completed and approved video survey” so that kind of overturned my hemming and hawing at getting my face and voice on cam for market research. So I signed up and tried it, because it’s free to register anyway. That was in the last quarter of 2018 but I haven’t really gone back to it for a number of reasons. At any rate, here are the main takeaways from my experience, done in bullet points for easier digestion:

What I liked about it:
  • It seems to be open globally, which makes it an equal-opportunity source of income for anyone in the world.
  • It pays via PayPal so hurray for convenience.
  • I did get my initial payment quickly - in less than 2 business days if I’m not mistaken.
  • Even the one-survey questions paid more than usual survey sites did - at around $10! Those were the only ones I ended up qualifying for, anyway. So no, I didn’t get to try the 7-question ones which offered the glorious $50 payout.
What I didn’t like about it:
  • It was just too much work. There were lots of requirements just to make sure you are delivering a video to their liking. Lighting has to be just so, there shouldn’t be any background noise, you have to wear “smart casual” clothes, etc. It was like auditioning to be the most average, boring suburban resident.
  • There are no other ways to earn here so you’re pretty much stuck with making video surveys.
  • After several initial video surveys, I didn’t qualify anymore. So I gave up on it.

Reactions: blount2

Naomi

Padawan
Jun 13, 2018
Mindswarms is an interesting rewards site. Like June, I think there are a few factors about this site that stops it from being a must-use rewards site. But that isn’t to say the site isn’t legit. It’s definitely legit… it’s just too complicated to use. When you use a rewards site, you just want to register and then quickly start answering surveys and doing tasks.

But Mindswarms isn’t that type of rewards site. For sure, they’re not trying to be just like other rewards sites — they’ve got their own thing and standards going. So that’s cool and all. But keep that in mind when you register on Mindswarms. You’ll have to jump through a bunch of hoops just to start earning.

Personally, I tried Mindswarms for a little while – or to be more accurate, I tried to try it. But it was just so darn difficult to pull it off. Like June mentioned, you had to adhere to a dress code… that really sucks! I mean, the reason why I decided to work from home was to avoid all that, right?

But like I said, that doesn’t mean the site isn’t legit. You just have to keep in mind their requirements when considering Mindswarms.

Reactions: blount2