LEGIT Microsoft Rewards Review: Search or shop with Microsoft to earn Rewards - Scam or Legit?

Kanvi

Bronze Wordsmith
Apr 16, 2018
microsoft-rewards-review.jpg

Earn perks by using the internet? Check out my Microsoft Rewards review to find out how!

In this age of scams, pranks, and fake news, it’s easy to get jaded when you spot something that looks too good to be true. And unfortunately, it usually is. But today, I’ll be reviewing a service that on the surface looks too good to be true. But spoiler alert: it’s every bit as awesome as it sounds.

That service is Microsoft Rewards, which, as the new implies, rewards you for surfing the internet. Let that sink in for a second. You’re on the internet anyways, and now you’re going to get rewarded for it? Totally!

But this is a review, after all. Which means I’ll be managing expectations and laying some truths about Microsoft Rewards. I’ll also show you how to make the most of the program. But first, some background on it.

Goodbye Bing, hello Microsoft Rewards

Once upon a time, Microsoft created Bing Rewards. Whenever you used Bing, you got a corresponding amount of points, which you could then use to get tons of cool stuff. In the beginning, using Bing, Microsoft or Windows Store, and surfing the net on your Microsoft Edge were the only ways to accumulate points.

It was awesome at first, but with sites like InboxDollars, CashCrate, TreasureTrooper, and ZoomBucks popping up, Bing Rewards started to lose traction. To get back in the game, Microsoft introduced new methods for us to accumulate points. That new program was Microsoft Rewards.

As a special incentive to old Bing members who sign up for Microsoft Rewards, their old Bing credits will be multiplied by ten, then converted to Microsoft Rewards points. Sweet, huh?

Tell me more about it!

Okay. As its name implies, Microsoft Rewards is a, well, rewards program. You accumulate points for doing certain things online. These points can be converted to rewards and other merch. To hop on board, you’ll need a Microsoft account.

There are to levels you can strive for:

Level 1

Level 2

Whoa. Two levels? What’s up with those?

Glad you asked. Simply put, being on Level 1 means you can get a maximum of 50 points a day while using Bing. Level 2 is better. Your ceiling is 250 points a day, way more than the Level 1 limit. On Level 2 also offers perks on Microsoft products and services. Members on this tier can get an astounding 10% off.

“Awesome. I wanna level up! How do I do it?”

Of course, you gotta start on Level 1 first. Then when you earn at least 500 points per month, you get bumped up to Level 2. That’s it. Easy. Simple. You just need to put in your time and effort to make the most of the program.

How do I earn points?

Short answer: by doing stuff you’ve already been doing. For the detailed answer, read on!

Make internet searches on Bing

This is a carryover feature from Bing. I’m glad it’s an important part of Microsoft Rewards, because I think people will be using this method the most. A single search will get you five points, up to a daily max of 50.

Go forth and shop

Whenever you buy stuff in either Microsoft or Windows Stores, you get back points. Every dollar you spend gets you at least one point. I really like this method since I’m way into Microsoft and love buying games for my Xbox One X.

Surf the internet

For every hour of active browsing, you get five points, with a maximum of 150 every month.
Active browsing is when the Microsoft Edge browser is up, and the icon is highlighted on the taskbar or when your actually doing stuff on your browser. Note: you must use Bing as your default search engine for this to work.

Take offers

Offers include learning about new Microsoft updates, taking quizzes, and playing games. These will change every day, so be on the lookout for ones that you’d enjoy doing. Once completed you will be given a corresponding point reward.

How and where can I use my points?

The big question. Points aren’t money, of course. I’d love to head to the nearby bodega and use my points to buy a can of soda, but that won’t happen.

While points aren’t actually money, you can still use them to buy stuff from select vendors. You can trade points to get Microsoft gift cards, as well as cards from other big brands.

This is the downside to Microsoft Rewards, I think. It could use a bit more integration with other brands. Maybe we’ll get that soon.

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

Dude, it’s Microsoft. Of course, it’s Legit!

That said, Microsoft Rewards could use more partner brands and establishments. But since you’re already online, I still can’t recommend this program enough. Earn perks just by doing internet things? Sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. Try it out!

Microsoft Rewards Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Microsoft Rewards 1.jpgMicrosoft Rewards 2.jpgMicrosoft Rewards 3.jpgMicrosoft Rewards 4.jpgMicrosoft Rewards 5.jpg

Your Turn

So this is my experience. Have you tried using Microsoft Rewards? Let me know what you think about the service!

Non-ref link: https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/

Reactions: Mansoor ahmed

cruella1

Padawan
May 3, 2018
Legit of course, I've been doing Bing/Microsoft searches for several months and average about two $5 Amazon cards per month. Highly recommended , I spend only a few minutes per day to get rewarded

Attachments

Reactions: Kanvi

jipsyjo30

Rookie Wordsmith
May 4, 2018
Northern Virginia
It is legit. I use outlook.com regularly for my personal email correspondence and had heard about Microsoft Rewards. I decided to take a look at my account and activate/sign up for the rewards section. It doesn't take long to rack up points doing fun and interesting polls/surveys, and searches on Bing. I have learned a lot just from their quizzes. The rewards are worth my while to earn. I cashed out my first one last week, a $5 Walmart e-gift card and received it the same day! I simply printed it out from my email and intended to go to a Walmart store with it but instead I wound up using it toward a purchase on Walmart.com.

Attachments

Suprita

New
May 6, 2018
It's very useful website to earn giftcards. Easy to earn points but you have some petiennce and some time to spend.it is a great website to earn giftcards. They will reply fast when you face any problem with your rewards. It will great to use this website . Just trust one time and you will not being disappointed with this. So try it.

moneymaker

Padawan
May 4, 2018
Microsoft Rewards Payment Proof 1.jpg

Completing Microsoft Rewards tasks were very easy and didn't require much special work. If you need some pocket change, Microsoft Rewards is definitely a must. Contrary to what others say, you don't need to spend huge amounts of time to accumulate points here.

cashcreator

Padawan
May 4, 2018
Just merely searching through Bing will give you points. The quizzes they offer are entertaining. I did not have any problems redeeming in exchange for points. In case you still do not know, Microsoft Rewards was formerly known as Xbox Rewards.

Attachments

Bobbie214

Padawan
May 10, 2018
Really great rewards site. Lots of fun ways to earn points, taking four different types of quizzes, playing flip and win, taking the daily poll, and doing internet searches to earn even more points. There’s a few gift cards you can work towards or Microsoft rewards to use in their store. I prefer the Amazon Gift card myself. It takes a little bit longer to earn the prize you are working toward, but it’s fun and you learn some great history along the way????

Reactions: earnthatbuck

nickeed610

Padawan
May 7, 2018
I just found out about Microsoft Rewards earlier this year and its one of my top 3. They make it fun by sending weekly emails to earn 50 points just for clicking on the tabs they want you to see. You sign in daily to use Bing and earn points quickly as well as checking out the tabs/posts they have featured on the rewards page. I believe this is one of the easiest sites to earn gift cards although it might take a little longer to accumulate. It's as easy as signing into your account and checking your mail and then browsing what rewards are posted for the day.

Attachments

Reactions: earnthatbuck

JESSY3640

New
May 14, 2018
I love Microsoft Rewards. It's so easy to use and they send the email of the Amazon gift card on time every time. I even had some trouble getting it and they responded quickly about the problem.

Attachments

May 20, 2018
I can honestly say i love Microsoft rewards! Is it legit? Heck yeah! And too good to quit! I have been using Microsoft rewards for 9 months now, and i typically get a card every month. I love how i get points for searching things i already search! Whats not to love? They pay paypal and a lot of other cards! They even gave sweepstakes! I also like how they give you the option to donate to a charity the support, of your choice! You can also pay for things on their store with bitcoin! And why wouldnt you get a microsoft store card when they discount it at times?! I just absolutely love it! Want amazon? They got it! Dunkin Donuts? You bet! Fun trivia? Heck yeah! Start now if you havent already!!!

Attachments

makok

Padawan
May 4, 2018
Microsoft rewards look easy and something which might require no special work from my side. I think it is the best program and I’m joining it right now. It is a great way to earn some extra cash every month. However, can you recommend some programs through which I can make more money online?

Kanvi

Bronze Wordsmith
Apr 16, 2018
Microsoft rewards look easy and something which might require no special work from my side. I think it is the best program and I’m joining it right now. It is a great way to earn some extra cash every month. However, can you recommend some programs through which I can make more money online?
@makok you can browse our forum here https://earnthatbuck.com/forums/rewarding-apps-and-sites.2/ there are several reviews of reputable companies that pays on time.

earnthatbuck

Administrator
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Microsoft Rewards has removed Paypal as a payout option. Not all accounts had this payout option to begin with (Amazon is the favorite with most users), but those who had it will miss it.

micemeat

Padawan
May 25, 2018
Microsoft Rewards always comes in handy when you feel like going on Xblive now and then and really don't like paying subs!, I have been lurking Reddit for Reward links and quick point opportunities, doesn't take long at all once up and running to gain 5000+ points atm, I'm aiming for the 12month xbgold but normally i am happy with 1month.

I use mobile to complete bing searches and Edge to do daily completions.

rewards.PNG

earnthatbuck

Administrator
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Microsoft Rewards always comes in handy when you feel like going on Xblive now and then and really don't like paying subs!, I have been lurking Reddit for Reward links and quick point opportunities, doesn't take long at all once up and running to gain 5000+ points atm, I'm aiming for the 12month xbgold but normally i am happy with 1month.

View attachment 319
What would you say is your monthly average with Microsoft rewards?

lindseyloupy

Padawan
May 29, 2018
Mebane, NC, USA
I love Microsoft Rewards. The easiest way to make some spending money while doing normal activities. I simply use Bing for my desktop search engine, and each am while I am getting set up at work, I read through the top stories ( while searching each one) and then complete the daily offers. I'm at a level 2 and typically receive 2 gift cards a month for Amazon!

Attachments

Katkat32

New
May 26, 2018

Screenshot_2018-05-30-00-47-09.png

Jun 16, 2018
Mount Shasta, CA
I have had a Microsoft account for over 3 years. I have earned over 20,000 points in the last year alone. It is very legit, I sign in to my Microsoft account once daily, and continuely earn points with there daily topics for earning points.

soldot

Padawan
Jun 20, 2018
I have been a member of Bing rewards for a long time and joined when it turned to Microsoft rewards...it is too legit to quit (apologies MC Hammer). The only downside for me and maybe a few others in the same situation is i dont have the windows 10 operating system on my laptop so i dont have windows edge, i dont get those points from that bonus and i dont have the mobile device. i also miss out if i forget a day of doing the checklist as i wont be able to accumulate the days to get the bonus but i get a gift card a month from it usually.

microsoft rewards.PNG

Reactions: jipsyjo30