Listverse Review: Write Listicles and Get Paid $100 Per Article - Scam or Legit?

One of the reasons why the internet has brought goodness into this world is due to its money-making opportunities. It has opened the doors for stay-at-home parents who prefer to walk from home so that they can take care of their small kids. It is also an excellent way for people with disabilities to earn. Even those without college credentials, possibilities are endless from working online.

As for the jobs or tasks available, there are many categories and one of which is creative writing. If you are a writer or a person who has that inkling, then, try to write for online content. With this, you should consider LISTVERSE.

What Is Listverse?

Listverse is a website that posts articles in a “Top 10 list” style also known as listicles. If you are familiar with Buzzfeed, they have similar ways of publishing their content. This website is posting new articles every day, and the topic is anything under the sun. You can write about whatever it is you like as long as it has a top 10 list and of course, it’s well-written.

Some writers send in history articles to Listverse. Other topics include science, sports, movies, books, health and many more. The site often posts lists that are fun to read, engaging, unique, and informational. Every day, they publish at least three list type articles which means that there is fresh content every 24 hours.

If you’re interested in writing for Listverse, you can submit your articles to them. Who knows, they might like it, and it will get published. Oh, and yes, if they approve your top 10 list, you get $100. They will pay you $100 for a listicle.

Listverse Article Submission Requirements

Listverse has a set of rules or requisites before you can send your articles to them.

1. The article must have at least 1,500 words. It can be more than that if you please.
  2. All write-ups must be original and 100% plagiarism-free.
  3. Make sure that the article is well-written, in good form, no grammar and spelling mistakes.
  4. The content must have an introductory paragraph before the actual list.
  5. It must have a ten list item.
  6. Links and video can be added to the article, but it’s not required.
  7. For support, it is necessary to link sources of the post.
  8. Read the Author’s Guide for more details.

If you can write an exciting and excellent article, that’s what Listverse would like to publish.

Listverse Payment Methods

Each article submitted and approved to Listverse will be paid $100 through Paypal or in Bitcoin. With that, it is necessary to have one or both of these payment methods to get your earnings from Listverse.

How To Submit Your Articles To Listverse

Submitting articles to Listverse is simple:

1. Go to the “submit a list” page for Listverse. The link is right here - http://listverse.com/submit-a-list/.
  2. You need to fill up a personal information form which includes Name, Email, Paypal details, and such.
  3. Input your top 10 list including the Title, Introduction, and the Top 10 List.
  4. Click the “Submit” button.

It’s done in 4 steps! Be patient in waiting for their reply.

How Long Does It Take For Listverse to Reply?

If you read Listverse reviews from their writers or in Reddit, the replies come in more or less after two weeks from submission.

How Often Does Listverse Approve Or Accept Lists?

There are no reports as to its acceptance rate, but reviews state that if your article passes the requirements, then, Listverse will communicate back to you.

At times, articles are rejected and for a variety of reasons. If you can revise it and make it better, please do, and resubmit.

It will be a challenge at first, but once you get the hang of submitting your articles in Listverse, you will learn what type of lists they want, and you can write it accordingly.

OUR VERDICT: Scam Or Legit?

Here is what I know so far about Listverse. In 2011, time.com awarded Listverse as one of their top 25 blogs. It’s been operating since 2007, and it has at least 8 million readers worldwide for every single month of the year. The site has 45,000 plus followers, almost 36,000 subscribers, and has posted at least 2,500 lists. If you check online, you will also see their payment proofs to writers.

Is it legit? Based on research, I am sure that Listverse is 100% legit. Earning $100 for a 1,500-word article would be nice. If you have that motivation and drive, write for Listverse.

Listverse Screenshots

YOUR TURN

Are you a writer for Listverse? How was the whole experience for you? Any tips you can share with other writers who are aspiring to earn $100 per published post in Listverse? We would like to know more about this site, and your feedback is needed.

I have already registered on listverse and I am currently working on a list that I will submit soon. This my first time to submit and I am doing my best to produce quality.

Thanks for this Listverse review! I like list articles myself, though I have yet to get accepted by listicle-type websites and have my work published. I’ve had my eye on Listverse because I know it isn’t a scam. It’s got great tenure as a blog, and there are more than enough good reviews and payment proofs floating on the Internet to convince me. Several writer friends have had their submissions accepted and published as well, and since I like the idea of getting paid at least a hundred dollars for a list of things that I think other people would find interesting, it’s only a matter of time before I submit a listicle there myself.

Reading through their set of rules, I think everything is pretty doable and within reason. Of course, at this point, a lot of pitches and submissions could potentially be a repeat of past submissions, which is why I don’t really believe those crying wolf about the site being a scam and rejection-happy. Maybe things have changed and the rules have gotten more stringent. But that won’t stop me from at least trying, as I’ve submitted articles to stricter publications in the past, anyway.

I have seen this after the site called Bubblews closed out. In search of new sites that I can earn extra money, I came across ListVerse. I hesitated because it looks to me the task of writing will take me to forever to finish.