LEGIT Joany Review: Participate in this Research Study and Make $25 - Legit or Scam?

Holden

Rookie Wordsmith
May 16, 2018
Joany Review Participate in this Research Study and Make $25.jpg

I don’t want to come across as alarmist, but I read some startling figures from the statistics department in the college where I work. Did you guys know that 70% of Americans have the wrong or inappropriate healthcare insurance for themselves and their families?

I decided to read up on that topic on my own, and that’s how I came across Joany. No, Joany isn’t the name of a doctor. Joany is a company that wants to help people make better decisions when it comes to health insurance. Its mission is to make healthcare better for all Americans. To do that, they need to gather feedback about the health insurance experience of US residents.

To accomplish that, they are currently conducting a Research Study. To entice people to participate in their study, they’re offering a pretty good payout. With my curiosity piqued, I enrolled and gave this a shot. If you’re also curious whether Joany is legit or if this is all just an elaborate scam, keep reading for my review!

About Joany

The survey site is actually just one component of the company. Their overall mission is to help people make informed decisions when buying healthcare. They use data and machine intelligence, as well as human insight, to provide unbiased recommendations to clients. Hiring them is akin to having a team of data analysts and healthcare experts at your fingertips.

How to Earn

You earn by participating in Joany’s research study. The study comprises about 50 questions and takes about ten or so minutes to complete. The questions they’ll be asking include your personal background, health history, and your current health plan. Note that they have some pretty specific requirements, which I will cover in the following section.

Completing the survey will earn you an easy $25!

You can also earn by referring qualified friends. Once you register, you will receive a referral link, which friends can use to sign-up. For each recruit, you will get paid $25. Pretty sweet, huh? But remember, your friends will have to qualify for you to get your referral fee.

Qualifications and How to Join

Signing up is super-easy. Just follow the link below to start the study. The nice this about the survey is that stuff you need to fill-out when signing-up (such as name, address, and zip code) are integrated into the survey itself.

Sign-up page: https://joany.com/research_study

But before you dive into the test make sure you meet their eligibility requirements. Here are the qualifications, straight from the site:

- You bought insurance through your state exchange, Healthcare.gov, through a broker, or directly through a health plan like Oscar or Aetna for 2018.
- You do not receive your health insurance through an employer.
- You are not currently enrolled in a short-term plan.
- You currently have this health insurance active.
- You are not on Medicaid, Medicare or VA health insurance.
- You do not receive your health insurance through your school/university that you are enrolled in.
- You have not been paid for taking a Joany research study previously.
The test will also ask you five questions to determine whether you qualify. It’s pretty OC, but it makes sense. They need a very specific type of respondent. Unqualified survey takers may compromise the integrity of the entire study. This isn’t the type of survey where the company want to know something basic, like what your favorite brand of dishwashing liquid is.

And it’s actually better to know early on whether you’re qualified or not, rather than go through most of the test only to find out you aren’t qualified (and will have to forfeit your earnings).

Oh, and if you don’t qualify, don’t worry: you can still earn by referring friends! Provided they qualify to take the test, of course.

Earning Potential

Well, since this is a one-time study, you will only earn once. The payout for qualifying and completing the survey is $25. That’s a crazy-high amount for taking a single survey! But once you’re done, that’s it. Unless the company holds another research study in the future, this is all you’re going to make.

Payout Options

You can get your earnings via PayPal or as an Amazon gift card. No problem there. But I prefer PayPal over all other payment methods - because cash is king, baby!

Earnings are usually sent 48 hours after you complete the test, but it could take up to a week, max. With other sites, one week would be a long wait. But since you’ll be getting $25 outright, I think the maximum waiting time is okay.

Take note that they might send you follow-up questions based on your initial answers. You will have to answer these additional questions to get your $25.

You will get your referral payment as soon as your recruit finishes his or her survey.

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

Joany’s research study is a legit way to make an easy $25! The test is pretty easy and straightforward. The company is super-professional, and the payment processing time is reasonable. If you qualify, I highly recommend you participate in this test!

Joany Screenshots

Click to Zoom
Joany 1.jpgJoany 2.jpgJoany 3.jpgJoany 4.jpg

Your Turn

These are my opinions on Joany’s research study. Now it’s your turn to share! Have you taken part in the test? What was your experience like? Got any other medical research studies we can join?

Let’s hear your stories!

NickBlaine

Padawan
Jun 14, 2018
I gotta admit that healthcare was one of the first things that made me stress out when I decided to go full-on freelancer. The company I used to work for had an HMO program for its employees so I thought nothing about it - until I got sick and had to withdraw a substantial chunk of my personal savings, that is. So thanks for this Joany review, it made me think, both about the state of my personal healthcare and as a potential new stream of income!

It’s too bad they closed the survey in the middle of last year, though, but some feedback from a friend who participated in the research is in order. I’m going to list them down in bite-sized pieces below:
  • It seemed easy enough to earn some extra money via their referral program. Each qualified survey-taker automatically gets a direct referral link (with a potential $25 earning if a referred person qualifies)
  • The initial questionnaire was, as my friend put it, “easy peasy”. It was made up of around five questions about health insurance and if the answers fit the research’s focus then Joany will contact you with more studies
  • The study is multiple choice so it’s easy enough to complete
  • Payment via PayPal was fast - took only 48 business hours according to my source
But here is the big but of it (lol sorry):
  • My friend suddenly received numerous spammy emails from medical representatives and health insurance sellers :(
It might not be related, but it makes you go hmmm when you answer a survey and you suddenly get a slew of spammy messages. I guess I just wanna say, if things like this come your way as a supplemental form of income, to proceed with caution.

Reactions: earnthatbuck