Iwadi Review: Answer Surveys, Get Paid - Scam or Legit?

For today’s review, I’ll be tackling Iwadi. They’re a survey site, and part of Cint, a consumer insight and market research company based in Sweden. Iwadi is just one of the many survey sites that Cint operates. Cint operates a wide network of sites, many of which people use without knowing they’re part of a larger ecosystem.

Cint is kind of a big deal in the market research industry, so I was curious if Iwadi (a word in Yoruba which means “to study” in English) lived up to my expectations. All right, let’s get this show on the road. Are you curious if Iwadi is legit? Read my Iwadi review to find out!

How to Earn on Iwadi

As you may have guessed from its name, you earn on Iwadi by completing surveys.

After you register (I’ll be showing you how to register in a bit), you’ll get email invites to take surveys. Log-in to the site to take those surveys. For each survey you complete, a cash amount will be credited to your account.

And that’s about it. Iwadi doesn’t have any other earning methods. You don’t watch videos, don’t read emails, don’t’ download and install apps. Heck, they don’t even have a referral program.

Overall, Iwadi’s experience is pretty flat.

Earning Potential on Iwadi

Surveys will pay, on average, around £0.10 to £2.70 (yup, they pay in pounds). The pay depends on how long the survey is. For example, a 30-minute reward pays £2.08.

You’ll know how much each survey pays beforehand, so you’ll have the option of either taking it, or passing.

Your monthly earnings will fluctuate based on the number of surveys you take and qualify for. And trust me, you won’t always qualify for surveys on Iwadi. In fact, there’s a chance you’ll get disqualified from completing a survey, even after you’ve begun answering it. And no, they don’t offer consolation earnings for disqualified members. Such a waste of time.

Payout Options

Iwada’s payment methods are a bit different than what you may be used to with other survey sites. There’s a minimum payout of £8 if you’d like to redeem your earnings as cash (which is sent via PayPal) or gift cards other than Amazon . If you’d like to redeem your earnings as Amazon Gift Cards, that minimum payout becomes £10. So, why not just request an £8 cash payout, then use that money directly on Amazon?

Here’s why: if you request a cash payout, you will have to shoulder a 2% PayPal fee. Now, I’m not sure if big companies get special rates, but the PayPal fees for regular people like us is 4.4%. So from the looks of it, Iwadi wants you to shoulder have their transaction fees. This is a no-go for me. Other companies absorb that cost in their operations budget. Why should I pay just to get paid?

As if that wasn’t bad enough, there’s another thing that doesn’t sit right with me: there’s a maximum payout of £12. Yes, you heard that right - maximum. With all the different survey sites I’ve tried, this is the first time I’ve encountered a maximum withdrawal limit. This isn’t very encouraging to me. I mean, why would I want to work hard on this site if they’re only going to put a cap on how much of my earnings I can actually withdraw?

How to Join

To register, simply follow the link below, which will take you to the sign-up page:

Sign-Up Page: Panelist Portal

Registration is free, which is at least a good sign - most scam sites will want to get your money first, before disappearing in a puff of smoke, lies, and deception.

Residents of the following countries may register for a membership at Iwada:

• Australia
  • China
  • France
  • Germany
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Netherlands
  • Nigeria
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Sweden
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Once you’ve registered, you have the option of canceling your membership. Yeah, this is a good option because after trying this site, you will probably want to delete your membership! Read the next section to know why.

The Pros and Cons of Using Iwadi

We’re at the part of the review where I list down all the good and bad things about the site I’m reviewing. Let me break it down for you:

The Pros

Manageable minimum payout - £8 is equivalent to $10.50. Not the lowest minimum amount, but not the highest either.

The Cons

There’s a maximum payout - I gotta get real with you. A maximum withdrawal amount is a deal-breaker for me. I can understand a minimum payout requirement, sure. But maximum? A survey site shouldn’t get in the way of me and my earnings. I mean, if I earned X amount, I deserve to get that amount when I need it. Basically, if you hauled ass and managed to earn big, your reward for that is to get slapped with a maximum payout limit? Er, sorry got carried away there. Rant over.

No referral program - I can get behind a site that only provides surveys as an earning method. But no referral program? Another deal-breaker for me. Since you won’t always qualify for surveys, a referral program would have been a great alternative way to earn.

PayPal Fee - Most other sites shoulder the fee. But on Iwadi, in effect, I gotta pay to get paid.

The Verdict: Legit or Scam?

I guess my opinions on Iwadi are pretty obvious by now. Iwadi aren’t a scam in the sense that they aren’t a bunch of mustache-twirling villains hiding in a basement somewhere. But they’re such a crappy site, mainly because of their lack of referral program and difficult payout method. Highly un-recommended. Your time will be better spent elsewhere.

Iwadi Screenshots

Your Turn

Now it’s your turn to share! Have you tried Iwadi? Do you have a different take on the website?

Let’s hear your stories!