• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How can i control tempers

ruthmongare

ETB
I am.always short tempered and have been trying to reduce this for quite sometime now but its never been possible. What else should I do or use to reduce tempers?

chicnthin

ETB
I also find myself short tempered sometimes and easily get irritated. What I do is I keep myself calm and try to understand the situation or have more patience towards something.

Amos

ETB
Meditate. There's nothing woo about it. If you're having temper problems, meditation will make you more mindful of your emotions and how you react to external stimuli.

a_jerobon

ETB
I am.always short tempered and have been trying to reduce this for quite sometime now but its never been possible. What else should I do or use to reduce tempers?
Learn to take control of your feelings. I know being short tempered can be something that comes on naturally but you are human so you can feel it coming. So practice to recognize it when it comes and compensate it with something else like laughter or just a loud shout where you don't say anything. Practice makes perfect, try it.

ruthmongare

ETB
Meditate. There's nothing woo about it. If you're having temper problems, meditation will make you more mindful of your emotions and how you react to external stimuli.
This can work but you'll never know whether you'll be irritated the next minute, you never know when it comes.You can be seated there and someone comes starts telling you all sort of bad words.How will you meditate when the person is seriously abusing you.

katkat

ETB
This can work but you'll never know whether you'll be irritated the next minute, you never know when it comes.You can be seated there and someone comes starts telling you all sort of bad words.How will you meditate when the person is seriously abusing you.
When I was younger i tend to easily burst my temper. I have to admit that as I grow older i learned how not to be affected on things easily. And I think that makes me a winner. Simply because she/he can be pissed off instead of me.

Jeanette2091

ETB
In fitness, we have a meditation class where we learn to relax and get to know our body. You can learn to relax with meditation but it takes some time to do it.

I'm not saying that this is your answer, you need to know yourself before you can tell what is right for you and what's not. The best thing to do is when someone is abusing you to relax and do not go down to the same level as the other person. :)