You can find ways to earn some cash by “using” your body, in a not freaky kind of way. For example, you can sell your plasma, or cut your long and beautiful hair before putting a price tag on it, and take part in paid clinical tests. Some people call it a donation, but donation means it’s free. For you, “donating” these specimens can mean extra cash.
But what else can you “donate” for some money aside from blood, hair, and clinical trials? For some men, you can provide your sperm and earn a big amount. And yes, some centers will pay good money for your healthy sperm. It may sound awkward and crazy, but truly, you can sell your “seed” in sperm banks all across the country. There are many donation centers US-wide which focus on sperm collection. (If you’re a woman, you can also donate your egg cells, and they will pay you for it, but for now, we are going to discuss earning money on sperm donation.)
Why Donate Your Sperm?
There are many reasons why people look for sperm donors coming from sperm banks.
- Some women have partners or husbands with low sperm count. It means that they cannot produce an offspring together, but they want to have a baby. For this, they need a sperm donor to fertilize the woman’s egg so that she can get pregnant.
- Some single women want to have a baby of their own even without a partner. There are also gay couples who wish to have a child, and so they turn to sperm banks for their need.
- Some men have genetic disorders that they don’t want to pass on to their child. As a result, they use the assistance of sperm banks.
What Are The Requirements For Sperm Donation?
If you are donating your plasma, then, you have to pass specific health checks before you are allowed to give your blood. It is the same thing with sperm donation. Each sperm bank has its own set of requirements and standards to uphold. While there are general rules for all centers, some have additional policies which people who donate have to follow. You’ll have to expect that all sperm banks are selective with the donations, as well.
Generally, here are the requirements of the sperm donation centers:
- The donor must be 18 years old up to 39 years old.
- He must be at least 5 feet and 7 inches tall. (For some centers, the individual has to be taller than that.)
- The donor must be in a university, taking up a college course, or is already a degree holder.
- He must not be a smoker.
- His family history is free of physical health issues.
- He must not be a carrier of genetic diseases.
- The donor and his immediate family must not be suffering from any mental health condition.
To give you an idea, let’s assume that you are a qualified donor and you went to Cryobank. It is one of the biggest donation centers in the country. Anyway, the center will allow you to provide your sperm for up to three times a week. It means that in a month, you can earn a total of $1,500 for your sperm donation. It is also essential to make your time commitment with the sperm bank and that you must regularly provide your “seed” to them.
Your contract will specify that you commit to 2 sessions a week for at least six months. For every qualified sample, you will earn $100. If you fulfill the period specified in your agreement, you will get another $500. It’s not an enormous amount, and it won’t make you wealthy, but the money is good and decent.
How To Locate Sperm Banks Within Your Area
In all major cities in the United States, there is at least one sperm bank. You won’t see it labeled as SPERM BANK HERE, and you won’t find it easily. They operate discreetly because, let’s face it, donating sperm for money is a bit odd for many people. The centers are just protecting their clients and their donors.
Anyway, you can find a sperm bank near you by browsing this site - https://www.spermbankdirectory.com/category/home/. Click on your location, and you will see the center’s address. If you are a Yellow Pages user, then, go to “sperm banks.” Google can also help by typing in “sperm banks in _________ city.”
OUR VERDICT: Scam or Legit?
Earning money from sperm donation is 100% LEGIT. IF YOU QUALIFY with all the rules and policies, you can make up to $1,500 a month, depending upon which donation center you provide your sperm. In a way, you’re helping a person or a couple in need.
If you have personal experience or first-hand knowledge about sperm donation, then, we need your story. Please tell us how it worked for you, and all the other details that you can spare for our readers. Thank you very much for your help!