Do you love watching movies? Okay, that was a silly question. Because who doesn’t? Today, I’ll be reviewing a site that lets you watch tons of movies on the cheap: Disney Movie Club. I know a site by Disney is most definitely legit – and they are, no doubt about that. But I thought it would be a good idea to discuss all the various ins and outs of Disney Movie club, and give my recommendation whether this is a worthy addition to all the other movie services you’ve probably already subscribed to.
What is the Disney Movie Club?
Disney Movie Club is an online service that lets you watch movies from the formidable Disney back catalog. But there is something about Disney Movie Club that separates it from other movie services – read on to find out what it is!
Is this Different from Other Online Movie Services?
My ten-year-old son asked that very same question. Most movies are streaming now, and you’re probably wondering why you should get yet another subscription when you probably have several accounts for services like Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix already.
Well, Disney Movie Club has one big difference, which made me decide to get an account on the site:
On Disney Movie Club, you will get actual, physical discs! And not only that, you also have the option of choosing to get your movies in DVD or Blu-ray format.
In 2019, the concept of getting physical discs might seem odd – antiquated, even. And let’s face it, many people have already moved on from getting optical discs, and have gone all-in on streaming. I used to be one of those people, but the appeal of getting physical products was too tempting. I love having something I can touch and own – and that’s why I decided to get a Disney Movie Club membership.
But the appeal isn’t just sentimental. Since you get DVDs and Blu-rays on Disney Movie Club, you also get something you can experience in online movie streaming services: access to extras. That’s right. Who here remembers loading a DVD (or Blu-ray) and spending hours checking out all the cool features the disc has – often before watching the actual movie! I know I have.
And I happen to think a membership is worth it for the extras contained in the Marvel discs alone. Those things are full of cool extras (that’s subject to changes in new releases, of course) that my son and I love to watch. You can’t get that on streaming movie services. They’re great and all, but don’t underestimate the entertainment value of a DVD’s extras. That was worth getting a subscription on Disney Movie Club. But with that said, you’re probably wondering about the movies you can watch on this site. Let’s discuss that on the next section.
What Movies are Available on Disney Movie Club
That’s the most important thing, isn’t it? A movie website will only be as good as the, well, movies it has available. Here are but a few films that members of Disney Movie Club can avail of:
- Mary Poppins Returns
- Ralph Breaks The Internet
- Monsters, Inc.
- Christopher Robin
- Lady And The Tramp
- Beauty And The Beast
- The Jungle Book
- The Fox And The Hound
- Alice in Wonderland
- Captain America
- Marvel’s Avengers
- Avengers Infinity War
- Iron Man
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Doctor Strange
Thanks to Disney Movie Club, my boy and I were able to check out a bunch of movies we’ve overlooked, like Ant-Man And The Wasp, Monsters University, and The Good Dinosaur. And we never even knew there was a Mulan 2! (I know, I know — I have no movie fan cred.)
How Does Disney Movie Club Work?
If all that sounds great to you, it’s time to show you how the site actually works. Disney Movie Club will let you buy four movies at a low, low price. In exchange for that, you will commit to buying five movies at the regular price. Throughout this process, you will be entitled to get a few great bonuses and discounts. Using the Disney Movie Club follows this process:
1. First, you sign up for an account. It’s no different from signing up on any online store. As of this moment, only residents of the United States, its territories, and Canada can join.
2. Once you’ve become a member of Disney Movie Club, you can buy four movies for only $1 - with free shipping, to boot!
3. Every four weeks, the site will send you the most anticipated Disney movie, plus an exclusive lithograph. The litho is a great bonus, and these could become real collector’s items in the future.
4. You will get notifications of daily discounts and exclusives. These include discounts of up to 50% off, and being able to buy exclusive merch. This is one helluva perk!
5. Of course, all those perks and cheap movies come with a condition — and that condition is, you will have to buy 5 movies at the regular price. You know what? I’m okay with that. The discounts and exclusive merchandise you get more than offsets the cost of the regular movies — which I would probably buy anyway, even without the bonuses!
6. After you’ve purchased those five movies, your account will be upgraded to VIP status. As a VIP, you will get access to even more discounts.
Disney Movie Club is legit – everyone knows that already. But beyond that, this site is truly something special – and worth your patronage. The extras and discounts are more than worth it. Give it a try!