• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone watching Narcos Mexico?

Page 1 of 1
not yet but definately looking forward if only because Diego Luna and Michael Pena are in it!!! :love: will give a review once i start watching hopefully soon!

Kanvi

Staff member
Finished it the other day. Honestly, it's sorta rinse and repeat of the other seasons. Would probably be better to just watch a 2-hour docu on Discovery about the Mexican cartels. But entertaining though predictable.

Ben_the_Hobbit

+ 1 to what Holden suggested. For anyone who’s into drug- and crime-dramas like Narcos and Breaking Bad, I would also recommend Better Call Saul. Most of us have seen Breaking Bad anyways, so it should be easy to jump on the Better Call Saul bandwagon.

I actually think Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad, for the simple fact that the characters are better. Breaking Bad was a spectacle: what would happen if you took a mild-mannered chemistry teacher, turned his life upside-down and had him turn into a notorious drug lord? But Better Call Saul tells a more personal story. It’s about Saul Goodman, the charismatic (and downright shady) “criminal lawyer” from Breaking Bad.

I won’t spoil things for you, but the story of Saul Goodman (aka Jimmy McGill) is hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. Oh, and if you’re a fan of of Mike the cleaner from Breaking Bad, you’re going to be an even bigger fan after watching Better Call Saul (the series’ fourth season just ended). The show gives great background on its characters. You really understand why they act the way they do. Saul’s shadiness, Mike’s taciturn demeanor… it’s all explored here, in gut-wrenching fashion.

Page 1 of 1